Sunday, October 19, 2014

New York Comic Con 2014

Recently I got back from New York Comic Con.
This year, as with previous years, was  a lot of fun. Especially since I know now that your overall experience of a convention is significantly influenced by the people you surround yourself with. And keep my friends close by. 

We stay at the Marriott in Times Square, they are very accommodating every year. New York Comic Con is one of the larger conventions I attend each year, and so I am sure to wear a costume. This year I recycled a few costumes, as I put off making a new one for too long.

The convention typically starts for me the Wednesday before. This year, I worked 6am until noon, in order to not use up another day of Paid-Time-Off.   ;)
Then I caught a flight out of the Chicago airport, O'hare, then landed in New Jersey's Newark Airport in the evening. I stay over night at Misty Autumn's house, and in the morning we caught a bus into NYC. Check into our hotel room, and got into costume.  New York Comic Con was a blast this year. It is always great to see my east coast friends!

My highlights of New York Comic Con 2014!


  • Winning an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. signing at the Marvel Booth with Clark Gregg!!
  • IGN Meet & Greet: Premier of the Korra videogame
  • Meeting and getting my comic, Edge of Spider-Verse Gwen Stacy, signed by artist Robbi Rodriguez 
  • Meeting and getting my comic, Thor, signed by Russell Dauterman
  • Last but not least, having a Starlord costumer approach me, wearing Shadowcat, for a picture. He even handed me his headphones, press play on his cassette player; and it played Fooled Around and Fell In Love by Elvin Bishop X3




Misty Autumn and myself
   Upcoming occurrences that I'm excited about;
  • Big Hero 6
  • Interstellar
  • Civilization: Beyond Earth (PC)
  • Legend of Korra (PS4)

No comments:

Post a Comment